Re: A85: DHOS Feature List

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: DHOS Feature List

>From: CashOnly@aol.com
>Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:06:19 EDT
>To: assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: A85: DHOS Feature List

<snip>
>DHOS Features (I guess the name's staying :)
>
>Math:
>   Floating Point math instructions-must find these in ROM
will be known when Dines releases TI-ROM 1.1 for the 85
>   Standard 16 bit multiplication and division
>   square roots (?)
>   random routine (a real one that works well :)
a must have
>Files/VAT:
>   32 bit mapped vat system on e2
>   variable/file support...create,fetch,delete,modify,relocate(?),run
yes good
>   variable support for TI-OS vat (see above)
>   search (strings,files,subtext,etc)
>   directory listing (?)
I'd like this.  Like 2 drives, one for the RAM and the other for the
EII.  Also must be able organize with folders
>   Quickview system (would be nice)
>   Plug-Ins (?)
yes
>   Explorer system (to look through it)
>Graphic Routines:
>   Line/Box Drawing
>   Scrolling Routines
>   Sprites (transparent,mask,standard,etc)
>   RayCasting (?)
>Compression:
>   ZCP
>   Huffman
>   GCP
>   TxCP (Text Compression Protocal) (WTF is that?)
right now it doesn't exist(I made it up).  It would compress text above
50%.  This would be useful for oncalc manuals
>   Movie Compression (Give it a name guys :)
how about Movie Compression Protocal-MCP(pretty simple, huh?)
>Devices/Communication:
>   expander 2 (or other such system)
>   I2C and its 85 extension MBus networking protocal
>   IR Ling (?)
another must have
>System Design:
>   Support for ZShell, Usgard, maybe more
>   Modular design for easy upgrading of certain sections of the OS
great idea(mine, BTW)
>   TSRs
>   Library Support (!)
>   Grayscale 4
>   Grayscale 8 (?)
maybe as a later version or a plugin
>   Definately a control panel of sorts
>   Multitasking/Multithreading (?)
be nice but would we want this(maybe as an alternate version)
>   Helpful error messages
>   pop-up windows (?)
>GUI:
>   Windows Based?