A85: DHOS Feature List

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: DHOS Feature List

Here, as far as I can see, is the list of all features discussed thus far. I
have added some, and now I want everyone else to add the ones they feel to be
best. Do not worry about somethig you don't want, that will be discussed
later. For now, just reply, and stick in what you think would be cool under
the section. Or make a new section. I hope this will help get this moving.
Remeber, most of this stuff can be made into libraries also, just here because
we (?) want them to be made. Stay away from impractical sruff like the help
thing. That is just wasted space, remeber we still have the computer :) I have
posted this on A85 becuase this is about what the programmers want, not the
shell itself.

DHOS Features (I guess the names staying :)

Math:
   Floating Point math instructions-must find these in ROM
   Standard 16 bit multiplication and division
   square roots (?)
   random routine (a real one that works well :)
Files/VAT:
   32 bit mapped vat system on e2
   variable/file support...create,fetch,delete,modify,relocate(?),run
   variable support for TI-OS vat (see above)
   search (strings,files,subtext,etc)
   directory listing (?)
   Quickview system (would be nice)
   Plug-Ins (?)
   Explorer system (to look through it)
Graphic Routines:
   Line/Box Drawing
   Scrolling Routines
   Sprites (transparent,mask,standard,etc)
   RayCasting (?)
Compression:
   ZCP
   Huffman
   GCP
   TxCP (Text Compression Protocal) (WTF is that?)
   Movie Compression (Give it a name guys :)
Devices/Communication:
   expander 2 (or other such system)
   I2C and its 85 extension MBus networking protocal
   IR Ling (?)
System Design:
   Support for ZShell, Usgard, maybe more
   Modular design for easy upgrading of certain sections of the OS
   TSRs
   Library Support (!)
   Grayscale 4
   Grayscale 8 (?)
   Definately a control panel of sorts
   Multitasking/Multithreading (?)
   Helpful error messages
   pop-up windows (?)
GUI:
   Windows Based?
   User defined GUI
Software:
   Text Editor
   Assembler
   Dissassembler (?)
   Debugger (TSR?)
PC/Mac Support:
   Computer to E2 (or other system like it)
   Compression Programs (ZCP,GCP,Huffman,etc.)

-------
NAME : Mikel Blanchard, President of Macross Software
WEB   : http://MacrossSoftware.home.ml.org/
EMAIL : cashonly@aol.com
ICQ     : 3033904 (CashOnly)