Re: A85: return of OS hardware

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: return of OS hardware

>That sounds good. I think that you have some good points. How much will this
>cost to build?

Well, if most of the parts are bought in bulk, i.e. we get 100 people who
want to buy expanders, I believe a conservative estimate would be in $40-$50
range. Once we deciede on the features, though, I can go though my different
electronics mail-order catalogs and break down the cost cent by cent. The
only dissadvantage to my version of the expander would be that not everyone
could build one. For example, you need a $200 PIC programmer to program the
micro. Besides, I think it would be a good idea if just one person bought
all the parts, since, like I said, we could save considerably buying in bulk.

Nick