Re: Re: A85: OS hardware

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A85: OS hardware

>I also had another question about this project. Are you guys building the e2
>to mel's specs, or are you taking some creative liberties? From my
>understanding, having a dedicated microcontroller to serve as a buffer
>between the calc and the mem chip, IR/RF tranceivers, sound port ect., would
>   a. simplify interface software on the shell's part
>   b. and allow for a more modular design, being that said calc hacker could
>decide if he wanted an IR or RF link or so on, so that the system could
>ultimately be upgraded/customized.
>
>And, as long as we're blazeing new trails, we should deciede on a data
>transfer protocal. This would provide a standard that other calcs had to
>follow if they wanted to use our hardware, which, in my opinion, is the
>largest selling point of this shell.

I didn't understand a lot of what you just said in that, but I am VERY curious
as to if I'm going to miss out on any of the points you just made by buying an
e2 from Bruce Christensen(<--name?) from the official e2 site.  I want to be
able to use DH85 too...  if there's any way I can help with what you just said
needed to be done (despite my limited knowledge) gimme a mail. :)  You may
also wanna sign up to the Shell-Developers list, as much conversation is
happening on that list. :)

-Josh Morris
 DorkReMi@aol.com