A85: Re: TI-H: DH85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Re: TI-H: DH85

I'd like to do some of the in-OS graphics for DH.  (I know I'm supposed
to post this on Shell-Developers but I haven't had a chance to subscribe
yet.. this is just something I'm thinking about right now =)

I am not a great artist but I think I can do simple things like a GUI.
Something I'd like to see implemented: GUI widgets.  I don't want to
seem like I'm copying Windows or X-Win too much but here are my
proposals:

- basic window that can be defined in the control panel to emulate
either Windows 3.1, Windows 95, or Macintosh (only the close-window
function would be emulated, ie the "X" in Win95) with titlebar
- button (fixed width, 8 character label)
- selection box (returns 1 or 0 depending on whether it's checked or
not)
- toggle switch (a graphical play on the above)
- text-entry box
- password-entry box (text-entry that places *'s instead of the text)
- simple bitmap display (b/w, not gray)

These could be defined in a library (we ARE including library support,
right?) such as dh_default or something.

Oh yeah here's my other thing: single level directory support?  or at
least put the system in a pseudo-folder, so you can tell what's system
and what's user.

I'll post some bitmaps of various icons and GUI stuff on
Shell-Developers.

--Matt Cooper / mnemonicdevice@hotmail.com