Re: A85: Saving the 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Saving the 85

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:

> > I remember reading that all 86 strings must be less than 14k
> > so I don't see why this wouldn't be possible.
>
> TI-86 strings and programs can be up to 65535 bytes.  Asm
> programs on the 86 are not strings though.  They are programs,
> just like basic.  But since _asm_exec_ram is only 10k, you
> can't run asm programs greater than 10k on the 86 right now.

It's going to take some work but I plan to write a converter (from 86 asm
to 85 asm string.)  My first thought was to convert source code but I
looked on the web and the source to the best games isn't posted.  Most of
the source is for games that are already on the 85.

It's just that I remember Martin Hock saying that he kept Slippy 2 under
14k so it would be easy to port to the 86.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."

http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/Home.html
humberto@engr.csufresno.edu