Re: A85: Saving the 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Saving the 85

> We need to in a way reverse ASE or Rascall (is that
> what it's called?) and get 86 emulation for the 85.

As great as this sounds in theory, it's nearly impossible.
The TI-85 was not made to run assembly and the ROM
calls that asm programs can use are quite limited.
The TI-86 has a much larger number of ROM calls, in
fact almost everything is a ROM call.  TI-85 emulation
just required an 86 version of the ROM call table found
in ZShell.  It can't be reversed because the great
majority of the calls on the 86 are not available on the
85.  You'd have to put half the ROM in the shell.  And
even then, TI-85 programs call the ROM through
the shell.  TI-86 programs call the ROM through the
ROM.  You can't change ROM.