Re: A85: Help w/ VECTORS! Yay!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Help w/ VECTORS! Yay!

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, DorkReMi wrote:

> Anyone willing to help me with some vector theory and a bunch of misc. stuff
> on three d animation please reply. I think you'll like the product...
> I'm either gonna make Parappa the rapper for ti-85(INSANELY fun Playstation
> game) OR a 3d rpg style fighter (as in final fantasy 7)
>
> Dare I even mention a possible "virtua fighter" clone?

I'm not an expert, but I believe that TI-85 doesn't have enough memory nor
speed to show real 3D with textures. Filled polygons might work, but with
2 colors (assuming that you don't use grayscales) you would have to use a
raster. Either way it would be slow. The old Starwars (with the simple
line vector graphics) or something similar might be possible (and
relatively fast). The 3D in such a game is quite easy.

BTW. I've seen daedalus and I think it's nice except
that is a little slow (though it only has doom style walls)

Follow-Ups: References: