A85: Inverted Text, Sprite Routines and More!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Inverted Text, Sprite Routines and More!

     I am writing a new game for the 85.  I may have mentioned it earlier, but
it will be called "Super Turtle '98, Episode I: The Quest for More Money"  It
is a spin off of the classic Mario Brothers game, except you play as a turtle,
and at the end you get to meet up with 007.  I need to know some things that
will be nessecary for the game.  I need to know how to do Inverted text, first
of all.  For instance, say I had a menu layout, with four selections, Play,
Help, Demo, Quit, and I want to have the selected one be inverted, how would I
do that, and how would I do the getkey calls to make it change the inverted
one back to normal, and the new one to inverted?  Also, I need recommendation
on the sprite routines.  I do not know how to write them, so I need a set of
optimized non-aligned sprite routines, with a good set of instructions how to
use them.
     Now, a little about the game.  You play as Turtle, our hero, who is out
on his new quest to make more money.  The game will not only incorporate side
scrolling, like in Mario, but also free movement, like in Slippy.  Sooner or
later I will make a level editor.  All bosses will be characters from movies
or books.  (In case you haven't realized, the game is named after what Yogurt
thought Spaceballs II would be called).  With the end boss being 007.  It will
be a wacky, zany, hairbrained free for all as Turtle, and various characters
such as 007, Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz, and Godzilla battle it out in the never-
ending quest for MORE MONEY!!!

-Pat Gray

"That which does not kill me, better not leave me in any position to return
fire..."