Re: A85: Sprite Routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Sprite Routines

<< I'm sorry to say that it doesn't support masking.  Masking is a new
 technique for sprites (for the 82 anyway) that erases a defined section of
 the screen (where the sprite will be displayed) and then displays the
 sprite.  Masking won't work, however, with scrolling buffers, that my
 graphics routines use because all of the screen buffers would have to be
 cleared (wherever the sprite was located), which would make masking slow
 and useless.  However, masking becomes useful in a single layer environment
 because there is no background behind the sprite in another buffer. >>

Is masking used to make the sprite appear like it "slides" when you tell it to
move, kind of like in Slippy II ?