Re: A85: Want more 85 RPGs?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Want more 85 RPGs?

Humberto Yeverino wrote:
> Do you already have the map/sprite/story editor written up?  I'm assuming
> it's for the pc.  If you don't I'll help.  I'm not in to making maps and
> such but I'd like to see more RPGs for the 85.

For the map editor I used gftile which is what a lot of game boy
programmers/hackers use.  You draw the sprites and then lay them out on
the map.  I wrote a program that converts the output of this program
into something usuable by my game engine but I wrote it way back when in
pascal for some reason (must have been really lazy that day) and I don't
have anything but visual pascal anymore (an os/2 TP compat. compiler)
and I'm too lazy to go find turbo pascal in the garage or where ever it
is now so I could just convert whatever whatever maps people send in
myself.  As for the spite editor I just did it with any graphics program
and converted it to .dbs or just did it right in the text editor.  I
guess I could write or find a real editor for that.  The story stuff is
just straight text I add as dbs to the end of the program (each thing
each person says has a max length).  I'd really like to get someone else
who wants to just create levels and graphics immediately to help so I
could get some completely different adventures to go with the game but I
guess most everyone here is more into the programming side.

If anyone is interested though I could zip all the required programs up
into a package and give all the details to them.

Oh yeah all the programs are just dos programs that work in 95, os/2,
probably dosemu etc.

Adam Geitgey
<boring .sig deleted>