Re: A85: expader idea (clock)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: expader idea (clock)

how about this:

place the inside of a watch directly onto a board so that the LCD
connections are found and are connected to a decoder (from LCD numbers
to binary).  place the connections for the watches' buttons to
transistors.  place the battery on an external place (for easy changing)
and put "leads" from the battery to the watch.  now run leads from the
binary output of the decoder and the transistors of the watch to a
"driver" IC (which could be hooked up to the EEPROM of the E2 if need
be).  now connect the IC to a serial/parallel converter which is
connected to a "clock" (so that it can decode the serial from the
calculator and place it as parallel to the IC)...the "clock" is just a
term i'm using, it's actually a serial timer so that it reads exactly
the bit from the stream it's supposed to and doesn't get off-track (but
you knew that anyway).  here's the following commands i'd use:

command serial:   english:
$00               nothing
$01               abort anything that has been asked of
$02               "tap" first button on watch (set time mode or normal
mode)
$03               "tap" second button on watch (does nothing unless set
time was indicated first--then it changes between seconds to minutes to
hours to date to month and back to seconds)
$04               "tap" third button on watch (does nothing unless set
time was indicated first--then changes indicated number by 1 increments
unless seconds and then it just resets to 00)
$05               get time...this will take the current time of the
watch and process it to the calculator
$06               get date...this will process month followed by date to
the calculator
$07-$FF           do whatever for RAM (not my field yet--still in the
process of learning the EEPROM and then i'll make my own expander, of
course i'll market it as some other name and take all the credit since
no one is helping me except me--of course if i got some help i would
gladly help them and market it with their name--leaving my name totally
out of it)

notice that the watch is still running how it used to, so you could make
another IC to run commands to in order to simulate the pressing of keys
and save the hassle of checking the time before changing it.

you could also take apart your calculator and make a lead for the on-key
so that at a specific time the e2 can turn the calculator on and do some
stuff (the ti-92 you could just simulate the way it automatically turns
on from pushing or pulling the link cable in/out).

just some thoughts--the driver would be so easy to make if it were this
way, but i'm not the one making it am i?  and since i can't get ahold of
grant most of the time i just post here and he'll receive the message.

sorry if this was a little off topic.

-Rob
ICQ:9188921 "No Sol to kill"
e-mail1:rc_ware@hotmail.com