Re: A85: IR link idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: IR link idea

Most of the children at my school have a computer, but they only use it
to play games, type reports, and download porn.  I know of very few kids
who actually program at the level I do.  As a matter of fact, I know only
two.  Many of the others are seemingly afraid of technology.  They don't
think of me as a nerd, and when I give reports in class about topics that
no one can relate to and are so technically complex that they have no
idea what I'm saying, they just stare and become confused.  As I look at
everyone and see their reactions to "my world" I can't help but laugh.
Most of the time it's not out loud but there have been some occasions.
Then it's me who feels stupid.  It sounds like most people on this list
don't experience this because they are surrounded by a lot of students
similar to themselves.  Just thought I'd mention that.  Even though we
don't share common interests at my school, we still get along with one
another.  And the ones making fun of me are my friends, and they do so
jokingly.  I don't consider myself a skater, but I do inline skate
occasionally.

I am a junior in highschool, but I am also dually enrolled in college.
Girls there do love intelligence and those types of things but not at my
level.  I don't think they would think it were too cool if I had hooked
up with a girl in my Calc 2 class and then told her I was 16.  I probably
wouldn't mind it too much though =)

Mordant
egillespie@juno.com
erik_gillespie_1096@gwgate.kvcc.edu

"In a prototypical world, nothing ever goes wrong." -Scott Meyers

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: