Re: A85: IR link idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: IR link idea

Mike Young wrote:

>         I think that using an INFERED LINK for laser tag is a dumb a**
>
> idea.  Not all, but some people who program calculators already have
> loose public images that would be shattered by a bunch of , "Beuum!
> Kaboom! I got you! No, I got you first!"

I hate materialism and this "oh I have to do this to be cool" crap!  I
know that I am not the most popular guy around my school and I know that
most of the other calc programmers aren't either (don't correct me if I
am wrong... you know the point I am trying to make).  But what I do know
is that if you are going to go around your whole life worrying around
your image and what other people think about you then your's is a life
not worth living.  I would rather have a fun, enjoyable life and have
everyone think of me as a total geek than trying to keep a 'cool' self
image.  I know that many others on this list would say the same thing,
too (in fact there was a discussion on this about a year back (not sure
if it was this list though, could have been the asm 92 list)).

My point: live life the way you want; not the way others want.  If you
want to [try to] play laser tag on your calculator then more power to
ya!

> Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as well as contructive
> critizism, but for God's sake, use you d*mn heads!  Practacality is
> the key to usefullness.  So why doesn't everyone get back to making
> games?  How about that?

Last time I checked laser tag was a game.  And besides, without new
ideas (however practical or impractical they may sound) where would we
be right now?  And besides, swearing your head off and saying how dumb
you think something is isn't exactly what I call constructive critisism.

 - Jim

 Blow the universe into nothingness
 Nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest

 Time is like a fuse, short and burning fast
 Armageddon is here, like said in the past

  - Fight Fire With Fire
  - Metallica

 Jim Ruble
 E-mail: rublej@geocities.com