Re: A85: my game and a question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: my game and a question

>I've had a couple ideas for a math program too. But I'm not sure of a
>way to find the reciprocal of a number, can anyone tell me if there is
>one.

I too wanted to make a math program in assembly but then I realized most
of the stuff that I wanted it to have were already features of the TI-85
or there were already TI-BASIC programs to handle it.  But anyway, the
reciprocal of a number is one divided by "the number".  So the reciprocal
of 9 is 1/9.  Understanding why the reciprocal of a fraction is a whole
number is a bit trickier.  Say you have 1/9.  To find the reciprocal of
1/9 you divide one by 1/9.  You don't want to have a fraction as a part
of a fraction, so you multiply the numerator and denominator by 9 (making
1/9 now 1).  So instead of one over 1/9, you have 9/1, or nine.  I don't
know if this is what you were looking for, but I hoped that I've helped
you.   Good luck with your program!

Justin Bosch
justin-b@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]