Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

I agree with you on Mac OS. However, Windows 95 is a piece of shit! (I
know because I use it). It only preemtively multitasks 32-bit programs,
not win 3.1 programs. Now OS/2 and Linux... Those are true operating
systems.

Marco Radzinschi
marco10@juno.com

"Orthodoxy means not thinking-not needing to think. Orthodoxy is
unconsciousness." -George Orwell (From 1984)

On Sat, 20 Sep 1997 13:20:45 -0400 (EDT) Robert Isaacs
<risaacs@eng.usf.edu> writes:

>On Sat, 20 Sep 1997 NTalbott7@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Well, ahem, that was basically my point. The Mac's a great machine,
>and the
>> Apple OS is pretty hot, but Apple can't market, so what's the point?
>And I
>
>Mac.. Hmm.. cooperative multitasking.. no multithreading...  Requires
>overpriced proprietary hardware..  Thats one HOT os!
>
>Windows 95.. Hmm.. Preemptive multi-tasking, multithreaded.. runs on
>over
>150 million PCs..
>
>Apple + Rhapsody or BeOS = Fine..  Apple + SystemX = RIP
>
>Macs would be cool if they upgraded their archaic OS and opened their
>machine up to cloning to lower prices...  They brought back that
>egomaniac
>Steve Jobs.. now its all over..
>
>The worst part is..  The Macs are the reason the TI Graphlink costs
>over
>$35!  TI couldnt get a standard parallel cable to work with Macs
>(basically), so they had to build a cable with an IC on it to work
>correctly with Macs..
>
>Read the TI page for more info..
>
>Rob

Follow-Ups: References: