Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

>better question, why the hell are you using a 386 with 4 mega of memory? I
>have 96 megs, hehe, and I only payed for 32 of them. 386 is decent but if
>you want to improve your machine get some memory, you're kiling it.

Linux can run with _1_ meg of RAM, and it runs quite comfortably on an
386. For Matthew, I've heard Debian Linux is the best Linux to get,
followed by Red Hat.  I don't know about FreeBSD, but I'm sure there are
newsgroups and web sites that could help you more.  I'll be getting a
Linux box someday myself, to make an IP-masquerading network.

ObTI: is a command-line OS possible on the TI?  I mean having files,
folders, commands, etc.  I'm not sure there's enough room in RAM to do
that ahnd still have enough room left for it to be useful for anything.

--
Brian Dysart               |     Ours is not to reason why...
bdysart@rahul.net          |     "...and eight for the fruit bat."