Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

>All those that support the Mac claim that windows is a terrible os.  I
>completely agree.  If it wasn't for the fact that everyone uses it, i
>would never get windows.  However, the true appeal of the PC lies in
>dos, the absence of which is the main reason for my prejudice against
>macs.

	The more I hear this debate, the more I want to install one of the
shareware/freeware Unix clones on my PC.  You get a command line, a GUI, better
memory utilization than with DOS, and an OS that lets you a Heck of a lot
closer to what's going on than the MAC.  The only question is, which Unix clone
will make the most of a 386 with 4 megs of RAM.....?