Re: Re: Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: Re: A85: Shells and games

On Sat, 20 Sep 1997 NTalbott7@aol.com wrote:

> Well, ahem, that was basically my point. The Mac's a great machine, and the
> Apple OS is pretty hot, but Apple can't market, so what's the point? And I

Mac.. Hmm.. cooperative multitasking.. no multithreading...  Requires
overpriced proprietary hardware..  Thats one HOT os!

Windows 95.. Hmm.. Preemptive multi-tasking, multithreaded.. runs on over
150 million PCs..

Apple + Rhapsody or BeOS = Fine..  Apple + SystemX = RIP

Macs would be cool if they upgraded their archaic OS and opened their
machine up to cloning to lower prices...  They brought back that egomaniac
Steve Jobs.. now its all over..

The worst part is..  The Macs are the reason the TI Graphlink costs over
$35!  TI couldnt get a standard parallel cable to work with Macs
(basically), so they had to build a cable with an IC on it to work
correctly with Macs..

Read the TI page for more info..

Rob

Follow-Ups: References: