Re: A85: Temperature Sensor Routines?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Temperature Sensor Routines?

According to Jeff Dezur:
> Does anybody know where I could get the temperature
> sensor source code for the temp sensor? My friend was
> looking for it, and wanted to know where he could find
> it. Thanks!

Ahh, another one who built a sensor... :)  That makes 4 people!

Anyways, the point is... both authors have not been heard
of on A85 or anywhere else in nearly a year.  My suggestion
to you (here come the boos and hisses) - disassemble.

Also, for those interested in what we're talking about, I
am creating a "TI-85 Temperature Sensor" homepage on my WWW
server- for once, a TI page that doesn't recopy everything
else ever created! ;)  In essence, the temperature sensor is
an I2C-based sensor for the 85 that plugs in through the
linkport.  It measures in half-degree increments and is
accurate to plus-or-minus one degree.  Altogether it's about
four or five dollars to build, if you can still get the
chips for free from NS. ( If you can't, I have one or two
spare chips, still in their original packaging, that I might
give away. )

I also attempted to build a new sensor program... I think I
was the closest of the two attempts thus far.  I could read
a temperature from the sensor; but after that, it always fed
me the same temperature regardless until I ran the original
TEMP program included with the sensor.  Powercycling, changing
chip registers, dropping SDA/SCL lines low, nothing worked.
As of yet I have not gotten it to work, as school and the time
needed to disassemble linkport-based code has gotten in the
way.
Ryan J. Myers ( Webmaster )      rmyers@inetarena.com (ICQ 1473314)
Portland, Oregon ( US )          http://boris.inetarena.com/
WWW Design, Z80 Assembly / Win95 Programming, CGI Scripting, 3D Graphics
The contents of this email are my own opinions and do not represent the
positions of my employers unless specifically stated as such.