Re: A85: RPG survey

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: RPG survey

what do you mean U2.1 *have*? read my website to find out more if that's
what you are asking.

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Terry Peng wrote:

> Will Stokes wrote:
> >
> > I must admit I wouldn't mind helping you out (programming wise and graphix
> > that is). I don't have a ton of time on my hands but just finnishing
> > version U2.1 of Usgard so it works for Usgard 1.1 I have more time then
> > before. Basically if you want a popular RPG you need a few things (IMHO):
> > greyscale graphix, 3-4 colors is just fine for this, smoothing scrolling,
> > small sprites (8*8 will be perfect if you ask me), MANY different items,
> > MANY enemies, HUGE world (not separate worlds, but like this REALLY big
> > map, saving feature (make it a gmae that develops a plot over time and
> > takes about 2 weeks to finnish, levels like side-scroling adventure games
> > (ever play Gargoyles Quest for Gameboy? You'll understand), maybe sound?
> > (that would be quite cool), decent size (about 16K wouldn't still be ok if
> > you the world is huge, graphix blow you away and gameplay rocks. This
> > would be VERY possible and I think maybe a group should be organized to
> > make such a game. I suggest 3-4 people, MAX, I would prefer 3 people
> > exactly all connected to e-mail. What do you and other people out there
> > think? This seems rather interesting IMHO =)
> >

> Thanks for the input. But that is not really what I want to do: I want
> to do a text adventure, kinda like that old game Dungeon. I would like
> to do a graphical one, but IMHO it would be too slow and take up too
> much RAM. As for the group project idea, I have not had good experiences
> with groups. The only two games which I have not completed to some
> degree are the ones with which I am working in groups =(, but contact
> Jim Reardon, I think he is making a graphical RPG.
>
> btw, what will U2.1 have?
>
> --
> Terry Peng <tpeng@geocities.com>

				Biya! =)

                         .       .     .
                     .    .   .             .
              .    .                            .     .
          .                     Will Stokes                .
      .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
    .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
      .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm    .
       .   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/      .
        .    .           (The TI-85 Calc. Center)               .
                       .

Follow-Ups: References: