Re: A85: **RIGEL - the NEW shell**

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: **RIGEL - the NEW shell**

Will Stokes wrote:

> what is "daisy-chained interrupt" support?
>
> On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Ben Sferrazza wrote:
>
> > I would like to take the time to introduce to you a new OS/shell for the
> > TI-85.  It's a unique OS/shell in that it provides advantages for both
> > parties in the perpertual "shell wars".  Some prefer Usgard with its
> > power for programmers (TSRs, relocation - though not fixed-address
> > relocation).  Some prefer ZShell for its simple interface and small size
> > (relative to Usgard).  Well what if I told you a kernel/shell exists
> > that in fact provides more for the programmer and user than Usgard and
> > is smaller than ZShell?  This Assembly OS/shell for the TI-85 is Rigel.
> > Here are some of its features in a package of only _1199_ bytes!
> >
> > * Fixed-Address Relocation
> > * Dynamic-Link Library Support
> > * Daisy-chained Interrupt Support
> > * TSR support
> > * JP Table for ROM Calls
> > * Full ZShell support
> > * APD and Contrast Change
> > * 1199 bytes
> >
> > I just uploaded it to www.ticalc.org.  It may not be up as of now, but
> > look for it Sept. 16 (Tuesday) for the full package.  Thank you.
> >
> > Ben Sferrazza
> > bens@eden.rutgers.edu
> >

>                                 Biya! =)
>
>                          .       .     .
>                      .    .   .             .
>               .    .                            .     .
>           .                     Will Stokes                .
>       .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
>     .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
>       .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm    .
>        .                                                             .
>       .                                                               .
>        .   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/      .
>         .    .           (The TI-85 Calc. Center)               .
>           .                                                      .
>                .               .                     .       .
>                        .
  It is essentially mutilple interrupt support.  So when you install an
interrupt it creates "a chain" to whatever interrupts are currently
installed.  You can install a grayscale interrupt handler and then
install a sound interrupt handler.  They are in essence "chained"
together, as one is called right after the other when an interrupt
occurs.

Follow-Ups: References: