A85: **RIGEL - the NEW shell**

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: **RIGEL - the NEW shell**

I would like to take the time to introduce to you a new OS/shell for the
TI-85.  It's a unique OS/shell in that it provides advantages for both
parties in the perpertual "shell wars".  Some prefer Usgard with its
power for programmers (TSRs, relocation - though not fixed-address
relocation).  Some prefer ZShell for its simple interface and small size
(relative to Usgard).  Well what if I told you a kernel/shell exists
that in fact provides more for the programmer and user than Usgard and
is smaller than ZShell?  This Assembly OS/shell for the TI-85 is Rigel.
Here are some of its features in a package of only _1199_ bytes!

* Fixed-Address Relocation
* Dynamic-Link Library Support
* Daisy-chained Interrupt Support
* TSR support
* JP Table for ROM Calls
* Full ZShell support
* APD and Contrast Change
* 1199 bytes

I just uploaded it to www.ticalc.org.  It may not be up as of now, but
look for it Sept. 16 (Tuesday) for the full package.  Thank you.

Ben Sferrazza
bens@eden.rutgers.edu