Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

Okay, now, this and your last message are what I wanted: a list of reasons
why Usgard wouldn't work for you.  And while I still believe that your
(and one or two others) arguments had become ad hominum, those last two
posts were enlightening.

I hadn't realized that you made your programs ONLY FOR YOU.  That, of
course, makes a great amount of difference.  Also, you say you don't use
ANY of the OS/7 shell's ROM_CALLs, but do that all yourself.  That makes
even more of a difference.  You could probably write your programs to use
Usgard with no speed difference, but like you said, you write them for
yourself, so there's no reason.

Now, I sincerely believe that Usgard is the best shell around for users
because it's so customizable (but I don't mind if others disagree).
However, I think it's the best environment around for programmers because
of relocation and TSR and such things.  It's just easy to use.

Well, sorry for the misunderstanding.  No hard feelings, it's just that it
came across to me that you didn't understand the benefits of Usgard.  In
actuality, you already have all the benefits you need, which you should
have stated, perhaps.  It's all cool.  Good luck with your programs, and
some of those games out now are really worth having.  ;)

-----
Stuntman (Nathan Haines) - ICQ UIN#: 2157863
http://www.cyberverse.com/~stuntman/nathan.html
President of Stuntworks, QuickBASIC/Visual BASIC programmer
Stuntworks - http://stuntworks.home.ml.org