RE: A85: RPGs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A85: RPGs

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 10:28:52 -0700
To: assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org
From: Ryan Myers <rmyers@inetarena.com>
Subject: RE: A85: RPGs

>2+3=?
>
>In RPG you would press [=] then [2] then [3] then [+] then "enter" ....
[=23+]

>I believe it stored each entry on a stack. The "enter" command told it
to start
>processing the stack. In this case it first pops a plus so it knows it
must
add the
>next two numbers, it pops the next two numbers and adds them. The next
pop is a
>equal so it displays the answer. Obviously there was some keystroke to
separate numbers
>so it knew the difference between 23 and 2 and 3, but I don't remember
how
this
>was done.

Actually, AFAIK in most implementations of RPG it would be
2-(enter)-3-(+).
No equal sign, or final enter, is needed ( the + auto-does it ).  If you
are
used to RPG, there is a TIBASIC program out there that
somewhat-transforms
the 85 into an RPG calculator, but the only really common calcs to use
RPG
are the -shudder- HPs.

RPG does use a stack.

Ryan J. Myers ( Webmaster )      rmyers@inetarena.com (ICQ 1473314)
Portland, Oregon ( US )          http://boris.inetarena.com/
WWW Design, Z80 Assembly / Win95 Programming, CGI Scripting, 3D Graphics
The contents of this email are my own opinions and do not represent the
positions of my employers unless specifically stated as such.

Okay.  RPG stands for Role Playing Game, as in the Final Fantasy series
of Nintendo games.  What y'all are talking about is RPN.  It is entered
3, ENTER, 2, +  for 3+2.

Nicholas Reed '98