RE: A85: D_ZT_STR

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A85: D_ZT_STR

-> From: ess.andreas@computerhaus.at (Ess Andreas)
-> To: "'assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org'" <assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org>
-> Subject: RE: A85: D_ZT_STR
-> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:22:42 +0200
-> Sender: owner-assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org
->
-> How do you use it? Did you add PROGRAM_ADDR / use relocation
->
-> ZShell:
->  ld HL, (PROGRAM_ADDR)
->  ld DE, Text
->  add HL, DE
->  ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR)
->
-> Usgard:
->  ld HL, &Text
->  call D_ZT_STR
->
-> Also, is your string zero-terminated, i.e. .db "Hello!",0
->  Andreas
->

I did everything that is in your little example, but it didn't work.  I
just don't understand.  The other display functions work, but everytime I try
D_ZT_STR, it doesn't work.  I've seen it done in many other programs on my
calc, but I can't get it to work.  Is there some specific memory page I need
to set it to or something?  If my memory serves (I'm not near my own
computer), D_LT_STR isn't working for me either.  It just doesn't make sense.
ZShell displays text like that, right?  It IS working.

Could it be that my compiler is damaged?