Re: A85: Usgard version 1.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Usgard version 1.0

how was version .95 such a mess???!!

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Jimmy Mårdell wrote:

> Will Stokes wrote:
> >
> > Hey people, it's me Will Stokes. I've been away for a LONG time (4 weeks)
> > and I'd just like to voice my opinion that version 1.0 of Usgard is buggy,
> > annoying, and just plain bad. I hate all the problems it's caused
> > especially becuase the old software is incompatible. :( Just to get an
> > idea, does anybody agree with me? Also, I'm working on a new graphical
> > game that I've keep very secret  so far. It's about 70% done and I will
> > probably release 8 screen shots in about a week to two to show what's to
> > come. The final product, a finnished game, will be done in about a month,
> > all depending on annoying bugs and school :(
>
> Buggy!? The only bug that is known (I think) is that OTH_ARROW doesn't
> work.
> And if Usgard 1.0 would be compatible with the old software, it would
> really
> suck. Usgard 0.95b was one big mess. Also, very few programs were ever
> released for Usgard 0.95, and most of them (?) has been converted to
> Usgard
> 1.0, or will be (see below).
>
> Also, Andreas Ess and I will release a new Usgard version which even
> allows
> libraries to some degree. This makes it possible to reuse for example
> winlib
> (which is a very good example on something that should be a library -
> small
> routines like putting sprites etc should NOT be in a library. It also
> make
> TSR program even easier - relocation in TSR! And future Usgard versions
> will
> be backward compatible (with 1.0).
>
> So, all programs in Usgard 0.95 using winlib will be (most likely) very
> easy
> to port to Usgard 1.1 (I guess it will be called that).
>
> --
> Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
> mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."
> http://www.algonet.se/~mja
> IRC: Yarin                   "Sanity? I'm sure I have it on tape
> somewhere!"

				Biya! =)

                         .       .     .
                     .    .   .             .
              .    .                            .     .
          .                     Will Stokes                .
      .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
    .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
      .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm    .
       .   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/      .
        .    .           (The TI-85 Calc. Center)               .
                       .

Follow-Ups: References: