RE: A85: Wanted! TI-85 calculator memory maps and use forcommon routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A85: Wanted! TI-85 calculator memory maps and use forcommon routines.

Ok, let's get a couple people together and provide a public domain
programmers info package.

For what it's worth, I looked at all
the "shells" and have decided to go with Zshell (or compatible).
It has a modest size, does what needs to be done, and leaves
plenty of room for goodies. I'm guessing that a good 3-d package
could be had for around 3-5k and about the same for a super
2-d package with user friendly sprite support. A 2k mind blowing
font manipulation would be another possibility.

You could put all of them together and still have 15-20k of program
space. Enough for a very respectable FAST flight simulator. This does
not appear to have been done for the Zshell (I'm willing to do it!).

>1) entry point for line drawing routines.

Don't understand what you mean by this...

[Jan Zumwalt]  Entry points are the registers or memory that need
to hold a particular value to accomplish a task. For example, some where
the TI expects x1, y1, x2, y2 to be loaded then a "drawline" routine
is called. I would have expected it in the ROM.txt or RAM.txt, but it
was not there. If we can use there Bresnam line routine, we can save
1-2k of space.

>2) key menu mask - list of keywords that update
>   when the "more" key is pressed, and branch
>   to appropriate routine when key is pressed.

You mean a MENU command?  Something like this is available in USUL
currently, although it only supports 5 options for now, it will be possible
to do layers on layers of menus.

>3) entry points for the common fixed and float math.

ROM routines, you mean?  I don't believe any have been found yet.

>4) sprite routines

Get NASR.TXT and PutSprit, or if programming for Usgard get SPRITOBJ.ZIP.

[Jan Zumwalt]  I spent 8 hours Saturday sifting through about 75 TI-85
web sites and believe I got just about all that's available. I did not find
the NASR.txt, where can I get it?

 >5) bare bones TSR

For Z-shell, you'd need to look at GameWizard, for Usgard, there are
several sources; Ramdom 5.0, ScrCap 1.0 [included with Usgard], or the TSR
Contrast Changer [included w/ Usgard].

[Jan Zumwalt]  I got the source and will review it over the next couple
days.

>I think the best place for this would be on Ti.Calc.Org, but if they
>don't want to sponsor it, I will dedicate web page space. I think it
>would be better to keep it on ti.calc.org.

http://www.ticalc.org, not ti.calc.org.  It would be interesting, but it
should be put up on other webspace before ticalc, just to get it mostly
done and polished.

Good idea, though.  I'd be happy to post it on my web page which gets a lot
of 85 visitors currently, and could help write it.

[Jan Zumwalt]  I am hosting a programmers group that is developing a
multi-tasking OS and do not feel like I could do justice by taking on
another Web page project (I would like to use this TI-85 project as a
change of pace). I'll do the programming and documentation if
you are willing to maintain the Web site. As you suggested, we could
iron out the whole mess and make it more presentable before submitting
to TICALC.ORG.

 ---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...

Warning