Re: A85: Link Port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Link Port

the gets at an idea I've been thinking about fro quite a while: a nie
usgard program that allows you to shut "off" certain features of the ti-os
eg: causing the memory free stuff to not show anything or making linking
be  impossible (annoying connect error messages :)  )

This is possibly using tsr's but it'd be complicated. is there some sort
of byte which the calc uses to know where it is in execution ? (what kinda
operation is present, eg graphing, programming, compiling, linking, etc
etc.)

if so this oprogram ould be VERY easy to make :)

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, John Koch wrote:

> How fesiable would it be to make a program that password protects your
> link-port?  I mean, I let my friends use my calculator, but they are
> always either trying to take my games or give me ones that might have
> bugs in them.  So I want a program that you could not Recieve or
> Transmit Files without a password.  I'm sure this is possible by either
> place a CALL in the rom before the link options to an asm code. We have
> done things sorta like this with TSR's.  Not the same thing thou.  But I
> also might want them to have access to teh math functions and stuff, so
> I don't want to keep them stuck in Z-Shell C-Shell or whatever shell I
> have on at the time.
>
> Thanks,
> John

				Biya! =)

                         .       .     .
                     .    .   .             .
              .    .                            .     .
          .                     Will Stokes                .
      .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
    .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
      .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm    .
       .   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/      .
        .    .           (The TI-85 Calc. Center)               .
                       .