Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

Ben Sferrazza wrote:

> Maybe that's been the case in your attempts with Usgard.  However, Rigel
> 1.0, which supports Fixed Address Relocation, is very stable.  One can
> have TSRs, libraries, and use the Var functions (I've tested).  And as
> for it taking a lot of code.  Well, somehow I managed to get Rigel in a
> size 800 bytes less than Usgard.  So, do you have a different opinion on
> fixed address relocation?

We've actually never tried to make fixed address relocation in Usgard.
Some reason Usgard is bigger is that there are more rom calls + other
functions in the core used by many programs. Exchangable shell is
something else. Does Rigel support the possibility to execute a program
from another program, and return to the original program upon returning?

And you will still have problems (I assume) to make future Rigel version
backward compatible when you use fixed address relocation, even if you
leave 50 byte or so of empty space at the end of the shell.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."

Follow-Ups: References: