Re: A85: Re: A82: Universal, shmermuniversal....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Re: A82: Universal, shmermuniversal....

I think i asked a reasonable question, and something that anyone who
tries to make such a shell/OS should be very concerned with.  I do not
see any possible way to overcome the differences in video hardware (to
say the least).  If you are working in a high level language (which
allows programs to work on multiple platforms by masking out hardware
differences), this may be possible, but if the programs you write are
going to be in assembly, i do not see how it is going to work.

-mike

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:15:30 -0400, you wrote:

>first of all i didn't say i had all of the answers so don't ask me this
>crap
>second of all you're doing the same thing as almost everyone else, you're
>looking for reasons for this person not to make this program instead of
>giving him ideas on how to do it.  this would be a great way of learning
>the language and would help people get  acquainted with the common
>problem in programming:
>	using the same program on multiple platforms
>
>Kakos
>egillespie@juno.com

Follow-Ups: References: