Re: A85: Wondered

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Wondered

wow!! you have the same hardware dezign as me!! =) hehe. most people have
their link-ports attached dirrectly to the main pcb. weird how they have
different hardware =) my linkport was broken too, but I ordered the little
black sterio port from mouse and replaed the ti one which was worn out. to
be quite honest, I don't think you need the small pcb. if you're is
compeltely broken try this:

-remove the black sterio part (desolder it)
-attach teh mouser part where teh old ti part was (if you have trouble
doing this I've figured out a great method)
-used glue to glue the new part ot the board (strengthens greatly and now
more breakage)
-solder hook-up wires from the in, out and ground parts of the sterio port
to the 3 hookups on the main pcb board (to skip the wires I think are
broken in your case).

that should do it! I just fixed mine last week like this and it works
fabulous now! =)

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Mic Mullins wrote:

> The tiny circuit board that the link plug is connected to in three
> places.  It is screwed in w/ two screws.  It has a flat clear wire w/
> three separate wires in it that connect to the main board.
> -Mic
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/8116/index.html
>
> Will Stokes wrote:
>
> > what do you mean by "the board???"
> > On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Mic Mullins wrote:
> >
> > > With all the talk going on about broken calculators I was wondering
> > if
> > > anyone had a linkport w/ the board that they could sell me.
> > > -Mic
> > > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/8116/index.html
> > >

> >                                 Biya! =)
> >
> >                          .       .     .
> >                      .    .   .             .
> >               .    .                            .     .
> >           .                     Will Stokes                .
> >       .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
> >     .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
> >       .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm
> > .
> >        .                                                             .
> >
> >       .
> > .
> >        .   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/      .
> >         .    .           (The TI-85 Calc. Center)               .
> >           .                                                      .
> >                .               .                     .       .
> >                   .         .    .       .    .    .   .   .
> >                      .   .          .   .       .       .
> >                        .

				Biya! =)

          .                     Will Stokes                .
      .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
    .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
      .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm    .