Re: A85: Mike Pierce and Sqrxz 85 fans.. read this!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tony Lieuallen wrote:

> All of your efforts are wonderful, but a computer program to do it automatically
> would be better.  Then you could work in the huffman compression, so they would be
> smaller.

It's actually very simple to convert an 86 world into a compressed 85
world.
All you have to do is

 Remove the first 65 + byte ptr (file ofs $003C) and the last two bytes.
 Then you have the bin file which can be edited and turned into an 85
 running SLE.BAT in the 85 editor.

Just thought everyone should know... who will be the first to release
such a program which rips of those bytes :-)

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."