Re: A85: Sorry a lot off topic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Sorry a lot off topic

That shouldn't be possible.  Partitioning programs (at least the good ones,
you know, the ones that don't fuck you over) don't let you partion the
drive (physical drive) that the software is located on.  Meaning if you
have 3 partitions, CDE, on the same physical hard drive, you couldn't
partition ANY of them if the software was on your CD or E drive.  Your
software SHOULD have come with a saftey disk, if not...

********

I do have a partitioning program that will split a partition that has the
software
moved to the front without harming anything. It also allows full
restructuring
but I have only used it for splitting. It is specifically designed to help
load new OS's onto existing drives without data loss. It is public domain
software
and works bug free.

If you have not destroyed your fat table in the old partition then you could
take a
disk editor and 'hard' code the partition information. The older dos tech
manuals
show how, but it is not very safe.

As has been pointed out, if loosing data is not a problem then the easiest
solution
is to delete ALL partitions and start from scratch.