Re: A85: Re: Ticalc bias

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Re: Ticalc bias

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 17:09:12 -0500, you wrote:

>What is the point? I know many people want to have a smaller shell, but at
>what cost? There are people who use Usgard, Z-shell, or Rigel, and so on.
>There are games that only work on them, but not the other, so why have
>people port games twenty times to twenty different shells when there are
>some very well written shells out there in the first place.
>
>Jeff Zimmerman
>gramdon@mail2.theonramp.net

To port programs from Usgard to Rigel or Rigel to Usgard, for the most
part, is extremely simple.  It only took about 30 minutes or so to
port solytare from rigel to usgard.  there are some people who are
extremely memory conscience, so they can play the rigel version since
it is smaller, but some people may want to play Sqrxz too, so there is
a usgard version.  and now, someone has ported my game to phatOS.
time out of my life?  0.  so if someone wants to use phatOS and play
my game, they can no problem.  variety is not a bad thing.

-mike

-mike pearce
mgp4007@omega.uta.edu

Follow-Ups: References: