A85: Re: Ticalc bias

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Re: Ticalc bias

yea, people should stop making shells and concentrate on games
i don't want the 86 to take over the throne.  what ever happened to the
will to make more.
ASM GAMES FOR THE TI's                         SHELLS FOR THE TI's
	TI-82- 23                                                  a few
	TI-83- 42                                                  a
couple
	TI-85-126                                                  too
many
	TI 86-18 and steadily increasing                 two i think
	TI-92- 76                                                  fargo

You know what would kick @$$, a real time stratigy like command and
conquer
i have seen a game called hexagon something, it was pretty cool but it
wasn't real time.
We have DOOM, daedalus, lappy
We have some fairly good racing games, zcart3d, megarace
We have a shit load of puzzle games, ztetris, boxes, load runner which is
awesome.
what is the point in making all of these damn shells when sooner or later
there isn't going to be any games to play them on.  The only point I see
is to make them smaller, like rigel at only .3K
This is like Intel, first the 286, wow!  then comes the 386 holy moley,
then the 486
now thats speed, then PENTIUM!, amazing! then MMX, pointless, then P2 the
next generation. or like that dumb @$$ Bill Gatez 666.  DOS, windows,
windows 95, slow down!  Some of you think i am crazy,
wEll i aM!
i made the mistake of buying a ti 85 instead of an 86
maybe it wasn't a mistake but when i think about the potental of that 96
(not all user avail.) i get a headache.  By the way does anyone make and
sell memory expantions for the link port, cuz i need one.  That is after
i get the damn thing back from texas because of a funked up link port.
Then i go to radio shack and buy two female 2.5 mm stereo ports.  Stereo
my ass, they only make two out of the three damn connections.  If you
know anything about circuits which you all probably do you know that 2
out of three won't cut it.  Actually i started to get into calcs a year
ago.  my mom took me to walmart and i got to choose between two calcs...
THE CASIO CFX-9800G with color graphing, fractions, etc, etc
                                     or the
                                       ti85

guess what i chose.  talk about horror.  the casio cfx9800g has no
getkey, no output like locate.  just a piece of schiB editor.  the only
thing that it is good at was graphing and other stuff like math, algebra,
geometry.

I went through denial.  "thats impossible!", but it was true.  I was
stuck with something more useless then a ti-81.  so what did i do?  I
searched for an answer. the quest for the holy grail. I, again chose the
wrong goblet (indiana jones and the last crusade)
THE CFX-9850G with getkey
wow, amazing, what a waste of silicon and plastic.
I then attempted to make my first real game in the stone age editor of
the $90 cfx9850g with GETKEY wow (sarcasim).
i made space invaders.'
it was so damn slow.  were talking worst then running daedalus on a
nonturbo ti85.
I then stopped kidding my self when i saw how incredibally slow it was.
I took it back to walmart and traded it in for a T I - 8 5! and walmart
picked up the tab thanks to there return policy. (thanks sam walton, rest
in peace)  I was so excited i built my link to my compaq pentium
overdrive 83MHz out of wires i founnd around the house, i turned that $6
parallel link into a 19 cent parallel link.
i stuck those wires in to the parallel port and used the diodes from my
60 in one electronics projects lab and fired away.  It worked.
ouch my carp tunnels
  __                     __              _______________
// / / //                \\ \ \ \\         /                          \
| | | | /                 \ | | |  |        |    O W w w w !      |
\     /                   \      /        |                            |
                                           |/
                                                         -mike
young10@juno.com

ps. someone start working on that C&C game
      suceed and you will be the all time hero of asm programming
      kinda like andreas ess from AUSTRIA, not the land down under

"you cun liv un it, but it tastes lik shit"
                                      -croc dundee

Follow-Ups: References: