Re: LZ: Interupts?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Interupts?

Gorby,
	A summary of TI-85 interrupts:  there are two interrupts for the TI-85,
the On key and the timer.  The On key interrupt occurs every time that the
On key is pressed and the timer interrupt should occur, if I remember
correctly, 200 times a second.  When either of these interrupts occurs
normal program execution is momentarily halted as the processor jumps to
and executes the instructions at the interrupt handler location.  When the
interrupt handler instructions finish the processor resumes executing the
original program instructions.
	There is much more to TI-85 interrupts, but the above is a sufficient
description of how interrupts work in general on all machines.  You should
be able to get more information on interrups and programming interrupts
handlers at the http://www.ticalc.org or you may order the Z80
microprocessor user's manual and data book for free from Zilog at
http://www.zilog.com/register.html by filling out the order form and
telling them that you are a serious assembly level programming student;
that's all I had to do to get them!  Be sure to check off the right books ;).

					Sincerely,
					Steven Betten
					<sgbetten@hotmail.com>
					<betten5@mindspring.com>