Re: LZ: doh

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: doh

I feel I should say a thing or two about OSes.  The Mac OS is a piece
of shit.  I don't feel the need to run down the reasons so I'll add this
link to a site where I posted all of my opinions on the Mac "OS"...
"http://hero.com/HyperNews/get/sucks/61.html".  Also, Win95 is a total
piece of shit.  Only stupid people use it.  All Microsoft products are
evil.  Win95 is nothing but Dos 7.0 and WFW (obviously that's not all it
is but merely a generalization).  Microsoft has copied so many features
from other OSes it is sickening..i.e. the recycle bin and window title
buttons from the awesome NeXT OS, etc.  Win 95 is hardly stable or user
friendly I see no need to have this on my computer.  The message below
said something about there not being any better OSes out there.  I'm
afraid this person is just a little uninformed (obviously not as stupid
as those defending win95).  On my computer I run Linux 2.0.0 and OS/2
Warp.  These are fine, stable, fully 32-bit (unlike 95's mostly 16-bit
and a little 32-bit), true multitasking, high performance OSes.  Geez,
Linux is free and it's now even available for Apple "Power"Macs
("http://www.mklinux.apple.com" check it out).  Also, I am not very fond
of USGARD...it's too big and has yet to impress me with speed or these
libraries (which are just not feasible).  I will be sticking with
C-Shell NT and O-shell.  Thanks for listening to my crazy rants.

									-Chris

P.S.  Win 95 is not a copy of the Mac OS...if you mean it is a copy
simply by the fact that it is a GUI..you are in for a potential
surprise.  Apple did not "invent" the GUI.  The first working computer
that used a GUI for its OS was the Xerox PARC station in the late
1970's.  Steve Jobs and his team of programmers visited it, were
impressed, and used this as a foundation for a desktop GUI.

P.P.S (or is it P.S.S.?) I have seen FF85 because I know the author.
This looks to be a game that will truly be ground-breaking (sort of like
ZTetris or MC Miks).  Also, could the extremely cool (and now
overlooked) authors of C-Shell NT consider dropping the "NT" suffix?  I
think it's rather silly to make a reference to such a poor and overhyped
M$ OS.