LZ: My thoughts on USGARD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: My thoughts on USGARD

Well, USGARD has come out.  Woo hoo.  It's not as great as I expected.
All the hype for it just made it look way too good, and now it's come
out, and it's just a shell.  Or actually, it's not.  It's too much.  All
the arguments about how big it is are really very well founded as far as
I'm concerned.  I don't really want to bash USGARD yet, because it is
still beta, but it's just way too big for my tastes.
Mainly, I really hate how many keypresses everything takes.  Six
keypresses to shut down with USGARD, ONE with CShell.
	Also, the libraries were a great idea, but it just won't work.  There
are a lot of great ZShell games that I want to keep on my calc, and
whoever made them isn't an active programmer anymore, so there won't be
a new usgard version.  Also, judging from mega racers (which, by the
way, I think is a good game, but way too big), all the things about
USGARD that are supposed to make programs faster really don't do much.
I didn't it notice it as all that much faster.  Hey, come out with
Daedalus for USGARD and let's see how much faster that is.
--
            ''~``
           ( o o )