Re: LZ: Usgard

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Usgard

I think we ought to wait until all the bugs and quirks are worked out
of Usgard before we ask this.  I mean ZShell is up to version 4.0,
while Usgard is 0.9 beta, less than a day old (in the public eye
anyway).  We should at least wait for a non-beta release, and
preferable until a few version steps from now (well, at least a new
version of explorer (isn't a modular OS great? :) ).

Sorry if that was a little unclear; it's a little late...

When it came to LZ: Usgard, Jim Reardon thought:

> At first I was really interested in Usgard, but when it was released
> I was sorta disapointed.
>
> First off, size postings were very misleading.  Sure the shell is
> only 4k, but then your interface, a bunch of libraries, and the
> whole shebang didn't leave me with much space for programs.
>
> As for the actual interface, very nice, except "Explorer" was quite
> buggy.
>
> Programming for Usgard, while I just "dabbled" is quite nice.
> Relocation is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Libraries,
> though, don't save as much memory as I thought they would (mostly
> because I still have mostly ZShell games, plus not much space is
> left after the shell is put on).  Some of the new CALLs look helpful
> and very promising.
>
> So now my debate continues: develop for ZShell or for Usgard?  What
> does everyone else think?  What shell are you personally going to
> stick with and use?
>
> Jim Reardon
> jim.reardon@juno.com
> Viva La Mexico
> http://pages.prodigy.net/eviljim/
> We all come into the world the same way - naked, screaming, covered
> in blood.  But if you live your life right, that kind of thing
> doesn't have to end there.

Ben Shakal
shakalb98@jhs.net
shakal@ns.net
Quote of the Month: "Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."