Re: LZ: Oh, more battery info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Oh, more battery info

> As far as I can tell, there is no magic number 10.

Ten or more will do it. (duh, 11 can't reinstall it)

> Since you said the
> processor is powered down (there isn't enough power available to run it),

The processor is halted. If it were completely powered down, the ON key
wouldn't turn it on. The ON interrupt un-halts the calculator.

> how will the calc know you pressed ON ten times?

I don't think the counter even involves the prcessor (like I said), but it
could if necessary. It could be as simple as a capacitor.

> I think that the ON
> button probably serves to discharge a capacitor somewhere, and pushing it
> ten times or just simply holding it down for a few seconds will
> accomplish the same effect: discharge the capacitor, clear memory in some
> way (probably the stack gets wiped), and then the calc starts up with its
> memory-clear function.

I just said that. :-)  It's a plausible theory.