Re: LZ: Oh, more battery info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Oh, more battery info

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997 TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:
> NOTE: This feature can be used to your advantage. When the calcualtor crashes
> and will not come on after a battery is removed, it is not necessary to
> remove the lithium battery and the AAA batteries. Just remove a AAA battery
> (so that the calculator starts running off of the lithium battery) and press
> on ten times.

As far as I can tell, there is no magic number 10. Since you said the
processor is powered down (there isn't enough power available to run it),
how will the calc know you pressed ON ten times? I think that the ON
button probably serves to discharge a capacitor somewhere, and pushing it
ten times or just simply holding it down for a few seconds will
accomplish the same effect: discharge the capacitor, clear memory in some
way (probably the stack gets wiped), and then the calc starts up with its
memory-clear function.

--
Greg Hill
     E-mail: greg.@bigfoot.com moo@bitcorp.net