LZ: Oh, more battery info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Oh, more battery info

I didn't mention in my last letter (if you got it after this, skip forward to
it. These lists ted to mess up the order a little) that when the calculator
is off, there is a hard-wired feature installed by TI that checks to see if
enough power is available to turn the calculator on. If not, the calculator
will not come on. Instead, the processor switches to a different point in ROM
so that when the batteries are put back in, the contrast is reset (because
the calculator now knows that you are changing the batteries). If you press
on ten times and all ten fail the power test, the feature will be skipped and
the calcuator will try to come on whether it has the power or not (resetting
your memory).

NOTE: This feature can be used to your advantage. When the calcualtor crashes
and will not come on after a battery is removed, it is not necessary to
remove the lithium battery and the AAA batteries. Just remove a AAA battery
(so that the calculator starts running off of the lithium battery) and press
on ten times.