Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

>I also wanted to suggest that instead of not using deleted spaces because of
>being a non-fragmented filesystem.  Simply scan for an area with enough
>spaces to accomodate the current file and save it there...  This would mess
>up the amount of free space count on the expander, but just say greater than
>a certain amount.

This is a possibility but like many things with the expander, very
difficult to implement.

>If USGARD gives a good amount of power to the programmer in terms of expander
>support, I might have to try and implement some of these ideas myself.
>
>Also, I dont think it said on the web page, but will the new software support
>bad block checking?

No.  There is limited file integrity checking so that the expander's
memory will not become corrupted, but other than that bad blocks will
still seep through.

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm