Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 03:53 AM 6/6/97 GMT, you wrote:
>>This is not a good idea to do.  Someone would simply
>>make a password cracker for it.  At least with the
>>other password programs you had to have access to the
>>calculator first to run the program.  If it was off
>>it was still protected.  But with this kind of protection
>>the person could run the cracker with nothing to stop
>>him.  As mentioned before, only let people you trust
>>handle your calc.
>>Just my $0.02,
>
>No, someone would have to actually *write* a password cracker that
>will be compatible with the software driver.  At this point no one
>except me would know how to do it.  And if someone did I'd just change
>the password system.
>
>But, while a password feature would be nice, it's just not a priority
>right now so it definitely won't make it into the software anytime
>soon.
>
>-Mel
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
>-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm

If it does, make it your first job to cover the wipe all memory deal.  OK?
This would be of higher priority than covering any other system on it.  but
I'm not sying higher than the actual rest of the software, just highest
pasword priority.  understand?  I hope so.  maybe after you get v1.0 out,
you can work on it.  :) smile.

					Sincerely,
					Kevin

And always remember to shoot for the moon, because
even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars!

     **	              My E-mail address:    	 	  **
     **      		 elbo@usa.net  	     		  **
     **	            	    Homepage:		          **
     ** http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/2439 **