Re: LZ: RE: ZShell and Beyond...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: RE: ZShell and Beyond...

I think that -=-EXPERIENCED-=- ASM programmers on LZA amd LZ should hold
a conference on IRC or something and start making plans for a
backwards-compatible shell that is not HUGE, and doesnt have some
spiffed up GUI to just take up space. Some people have been talking
about, but lets stop talking and start doing! You will be a hero to the
entire TI community :-)

Chief28933@aol.com
>Sent:	Thursday, June 05, 1997 2:40 PM
>To:	list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject:	LZ: ZShell and Beyond...
>
>When ZShell came out every one was glad and was happy with it.  Then
OS-85
>came out and it was not much cause for rejoicing.
>                                   !!!NOW!!! !!!NOW!!! !!!NOW!!!
>We have ZShell, OS-85, CShell, Usgard, Supernova, OpenZ, ARsfZP, and
possibly
>another one that I forgot.  The point is that ZShell should be used as
>springboard to develope a second generation ASM Shell for the 85.
ZShell is
>the basis the we ---n---e---e---d--- to build a new shell.  Backwards
>compatability should only be for the ROM CALLS USED IN ZSHELL and if a
new
>shell adds new rom calls then don't worry IF YOU WANT TO RUN A PROGRAM
FOR A
>2nd GENERATION SHELL THEN GET THE SHELL THAT IS NEEDED.  OK now for the
way I
>think this could be done
>1) Determine by use which shell is the best NON-EXPANDER SUPPORT shell.
We