Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

>I don't understand what is so hard about having the names be whatever
>you want.  Just set aside xx bytes in the program that will be the names
>of the directories.  What I mean is just have there be directories that
>the expander accesses as say 1-16, but when they are displayed, instead,
>the software looks it up in a little table that has the names you typed
>in stored in there.  Get it?

Well I could do this, but there are many problems with this method,
including where to store the directory names (it shouldn't be stored
on the expander...), directory searching, having more than one
expander, etc.  Having fixed directories solves many problems.  Mostly
though it's a problem because it'll make the software that much more
complex and I want to keep the filesize down.

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm

Follow-Ups: References: