Re: LZ: Security my ass

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Security my ass

Tom McNicholas wrote:

> Security progs my ass, the only one i think is a little valid is safehold,
> anyways, ok, i am in school right? suddenly i reach for my TI to play that
> ever addicting game insane game and to my surprise it is not there... i
> suddenly hear a kid two seats down say "damn you Tom! hahaha i will get in
> even if there aren't any games", and as fast as i could i dashed over to
> find all four of my batteries out (we all know that damn backup battery
> doesn't always work) so i mean, are they that important?they are nice
> sometimes but they really just take up memory for something stupid! easy
> answer in my opinion, put it in your pocket...
>
> Tom McNicholas
> tmcnich@earthlink.net

Exactly.  Security means nothing protecting your calculator from thiefs,
but maybe it'll discourage them if they know they're not going to be
able to play any games.  A good policy to go by for letting people
borrow
the calculator is: You can use the calculator, but it doesn't leave
my side.  That way it doesn't have a chance to go anywhere.  Although I
can
think of a recent incident where someone had the calculator stolen right
off
their desk when they were turned around.  This guy ( that stole the
calc)
is a real moron (Loves AOL and Basic Programming), and there's nothing
the
calculator's owner can do to get it back.  Once I get his email address,
everyone can take out all their hate towards calc-stealers on him.  His
name
is Bryan Rykken.  Anyways, that's another story.

- Daniel Walls
grpshot@csra.net

P.S. The Calculator's Thief's parents buy him Leisure Suits Larrys!
P.S.S. Brian if a Thief.
P.S.S.S. Nathan Laforce is a pot smoker.
P.S.S.S.S. I am not related to Kenneth Schwartz.

Follow-Ups: References: