Re: LZ: Hiding zshell programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Hiding zshell programs

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Erik Van Huizing wrote:

> How do I hide a string so it doesn't show up in the listing of programs?
> (Like the CEngine program for caves and scrolls?)

To do this, put an illegal character as the first letter of the
variable's name. Anything that is not a standard letter (A-Z, a-z) will
work. This can be done through an ASM program or by editing a backup on
your computer with a hex editor. I like to use nulls. Write an ASM file
with some nulls and some text that you can recognize in the mem backup.
Compile it, string85 it, and transfer it to the calc. Now backup the calc
to the computer. In the hex editor, exchange one of the nulls for the
first letter of the name you want to have hidden. Now save and send the
backup back to the calc. Finally, you can delete the string variable with
the nulls, it isn't needed anymore.

--
Greg Hill
     E-mail: greg.@bigfoot.com moo@bitcorp.net