Re: LZ: linking probs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: linking probs

 ----
From: marco@magenta.com
To: list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org
Date: 03 June 1997 00:36
Subject: Re: LZ: linking probs

>> Will Stokes wrote:
>>
>>> he can't transmit stuff either way. he knows something is goin
>>> gthough
>>> becuase if he send to the calc. it will (that calc.) gets an error
>>> message. but he can't seem to send anything. something like error 35
>>> or
>>> something comes up.

>>> entire

>>> and

>>> friend

>>  Are you sure you have everything connected right, nothing
>> shorting/connecting properly? I made one of those links and it took me
>> a while to see that I had a diode the wrong way round ( we are talking
>> about the serial link, right?) Also, is he using the correct  software
>> for it, I had to try a few different ones to get it to work right. If
>> he can't get it to work (and no-one else suggests anything) try
>> building the parallel link. Its much easier to make, and Link85xp
>> works great with it.
>>
>> Just a thought.
>>
>> Damien
>
>$4 link -- that's the parallel link, correct?  Is your friend under
>win95?  Uh-huh.  I had the problem, took me about 4 months to figure it
>out (I'm not sure if this is what is affecting him or not...) But go
>into control panel > printers > (insert default printer here) >
>properties > port settings  and turn off spool MS-DOS printjobs.
>
>If your cable is made properly and the little test proggie says it's
>okay, then that should be your problem.
>
>good luck,
>
>--Paul

Thank you oh thank you, and once again for good measure.
I had the same problem, I did ask the list a few weeks ago, but to no
avail. I knew that the cable was ok, because I could use it with a laptop,
but I couldn't get it to work with my main PC.
If any body is still having problems, are you leaving your printer lead
pluged in, and using a gender changer at the other end? If you are, try
doing a direct connection to the pc, eliminating the printer cable. I
couldn't get it to work at all if I had a printer cable attached.